On Tuesday, August 23rd, T. Dallas Smith & Company and C.E.R.M., two Black-owned, Atlanta-based firms, took it to the basketball court at the Georgia State University Sports Arena. In the spirit of community service, game proceeds benefitted BBBSATL. The event was penned as The Battle of the Bigs to incorporate the friendly competition and the charity.
Because of the Battle of the Bigs event:
- More people know about the mission of Big Brothers Bigs Sisters Metro Atlanta.
- Our Bigs and Littles engaged in a unique, fun, competitive and character-building activity together. High engagement results in longer and more successful matches.
- Our staff and loyal volunteers had an opportunity to fellowship and build culture and teamwork.
- Our Littles’ families and our Bigs felt supported by the community investments of CERM, T. Dallas Smith and other sponsors.
- We received four recruitment inquiries that will hopefully result in four new Bigs.
- The BBBSMA agency received over $15,000.00 in donations to support our mission of making more mentoring matches across metro Atlanta.
Thank you to T. Dallas Smith & Company and C.E.R.M. for selecting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta as the benefitting charity for this event. A big thank you to Georgia State University as well, for allowing the event to take place in their Sports Arena.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta’s one-to-one mentoring program works with volunteers, parents, and families to help create relationships that defend, inspire, and empower the potential that lives within every kid.