Technology Support Specialist (Part Time)
This position is responsible for performing in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties primarily related, but not limited to, the coordination of agency technology and facilities duties.
IT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains asset inventory and maintains accurate log or database. Makes recommendations regarding hardware/inventory replacement based on hardware life-cycle and maintenance issues
- Maintains and creates support related documentation as needed
- Develops and establishes strong relationships with service providers and vendors for agency related service requests and/or vendor services
- Maintains a log or database of support related issues for departmental trend tracking
- Responsible for new hires & separations including training, hardware deployment or re-imaging, and policies & procedures explanation and enforcement
- Works closely with Networking Managed Service Vendor regarding network related work, the addition of peripheral devices, the installation & upgrading of software, managing IP Addresses, patch cabling; Works with the vendor to maintain a working knowledge of the entire environment
- Administers the acquisition, placement and support of telephones and provides support and maintenance of the Agency’s voice mail system including account changes, updates, new hires and separations; Works closely with the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) vendor for telephone and Call Manager related issues. Identifies and provides solutions to phone system operational problems
- Administers the acquisition and networking of agency-assigned wireless devices (mobile phones, iPads, tablets, wireless air cards, etc.) and provides system support for approved agency use
- Maintains a level of confidentiality in regards to agency information and information accessibility; Follows and enforces agency operating procedures for information management and accessibility
- Ensures agency computers are optimized and running the latest applicable O/S upgrades; Periodically scans devices to ensure network & device integrity
- Follows technical trends and makes recommendations on new hardware, new software, software upgrades and enhancements, services, or other products to supervisor as necessary
- Agency level 1 support staff for daily end-user support - desktop/laptop hardware, software, SPAM, viruses, Malware/Spyware and Outlook email support; Works closely with Networking Managed Service Vendor for level 2 escalations as needed
- Works closely with the agency CEO to ensure all technical needs are met and addressed appropriately
- Serves as agency resource for all audio-visual needs pertaining to meetings or events, onsite and offsite, including maintaining inventory of audio-visual components and ensuring the functionality, compatibility and set-up of audio-visual equipment
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the Agency’s discretion
FACILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage and maintain facility related supplies, including supply room, break room and rest room inventories; Makes budgetary recommendations to supervisor as necessary to reduce supply and/or facilities expenses
- Train new hires/staff on facilities related procedures & enforces facilities related procedures and policies
- Responsible for maintaining agency security system and access control system; responsible for staff training and enforcement
- Responsible for key distribution and maintaining key inventory/database
- Maintain and ensure appropriate appearance of facilities, including recommendations to replace office equipment; Recommends facility improvements to supervisor as deemed necessary; Acts as liaison with facility management in maintaining Agency’s facilities
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Associate’s degree in Information Systems or three (3) years of relevant technical support experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge and experience in Active Directory, file and print sharing, GPOs. Knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP) phone system architectures and capabilities, including the ability to troubleshoot system issues. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Office365. Knowledge and experience in Windows Server 2012.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize conflicting demands and multiple high-priority tasks. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal. Must be adaptable and able to work with all levels of the agency, from staff to executive leadership and tailor training or communication accordingly. Must deliver a high-level of customer service. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects. Ability to work successfully with minimum supervision. Must be highly motivated and able to work well both independently and in a team environment. Excellent problem-solving skills. This position requires a high level of dependability.
SPECIAL INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
- Required to work Saturdays (8 hours) and three weekday evenings (4 hours each).
- Ability to lift computers and computer components.
- Local travel may be required. Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be flexible enough to successfully function in a changing work environment.
This position is primarily sedentary and frequently requires the use of standard office equipment (telephone, pc, copier, fax and printer). This position may occasionally require bending, reaching, and lifting up to 25-30 pounds.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSMA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.