Special Events Internship
JOB SUMMARY: This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about nonprofit communications, fundraising and event management. In this role, the intern will apply and refine his/her skills related to event coordination, marketing and communications, and will learn through experience. The position is located at the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Support planning and coordination of the annual events
- Prepare status reports on auction items, donations and event sponsorships
- Draft emails, communications and marketing collateral
- Strong organization skills; the ability to multitask and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Precise eye for detail and ability to maintain accurate records
- Strong written and oral communication skills
ABOUT BBBSMA: As the largest one-to-one mentoring organization in the Southeast, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) currently serves over 1,500 youth in one-to-one relationships. Our service to our community extends beyond the city of Atlanta to the 12-county metropolitan area surrounding the city: Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale. Our staff of approximately 45 employees supports our city’s children and their families through friendships that are formed with caring adult volunteers.
1382 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309
Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSMA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.