Marketing & Communications Intern
JOB SUMMARY: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) is seeking a current college student or recent graduate for an unpaid Marketing & Communications Intern position for the spring and summer, for its headquarters located in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Intern will assist in the development, planning, execution and evaluation of communications and marketing initiatives, as well as providing general administrative support to the Marketing and Communications team.
- Compile performance data on marketing initiatives, including email, social media, and web traffic.
- Help implement content marketing best practices
- Provide general administrative support to the Marketing and Communications team
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Strong interest in nonprofit marketing and communications
- Experience with managing various social media platforms on behalf of an organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to write varied content, from press releases to special event scripts
- Visual intelligence, including knowledge of graphic design, video and photography
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization is a plus
ABOUT BBBSMA: As the largest one-to-one mentoring organization in the Southeast, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) currently serves over 1,500 youth in one-to-one relationships. Our service to our community extends beyond the city of Atlanta to the 12-county metropolitan area surrounding the city: Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale. Our staff of approximately 45 employees supports our city’s children and their families through friendships that are formed with caring adult volunteers.
1382 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309
Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSMA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.